Request for Proposals
The Sunshine Coast Community Forest is seeking an Operations Manager. Based in Sechelt BC and owned by the District of Sechelt our company has an AAC currently at 20,000 cubic metres. We would prefer an experienced RPF in an employee type relationship or an experienced forestry company in a management contract relationship. Salary or rates commensurate with experience and scope of services provided. See managers duties below. Our timeline for the start of this position is still fluid, with a range from November to January. Deadline for applications September 18. Send proposals, or any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. See our website at sccf.ca for more information. Sechelt Community Projects Inc. DUTIES OF THE OPERATIONS MANAGER Reports to: The President\Chair
Function: Responsible for all operational aspects including managing, harvesting and marketing of timber for the Corporation.
1. Prepare annual plan of operations including budgets, timelines, feasibility studies and reports for approval by the Board of Directors at the beginning of each fiscal year.
2. Plan and direct the operational activities of the Corporation.
3. Arrange for sale of logs to maximize profitability.
4. Liaise with shÃshÃ¡lh Nation, our community and Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development and other agencies to maximize effective forest management.
5. Responsible for forest security and fire protection.
6. Responsible for staff and forestry contractors.
7. Responsible for environmental issues.
8. Supervise Administrator